Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday, September 6th to Saturday, September 12th

Sunday, September 6th to Saturday, September 12th

I ran 3 times this week, 11.5 miles

A road trip to Cleveland over the Labor Day weekend after Saturday's Summerfest 12K. Personally, my life is looking up!

Sun: 3.6 mile walk in Mill Creek Park in Cleveland OH, link here.

Mon: 3.7 miles, estimated 32:00, 8:26 pace, Garfield Park Reservation in Cleveland OH, link here, 75F, cloudy then a light mist, humid, numberous stops, no pain. A run with a beginning walker/runner who is just beginning their journey into a larger world.

Thu: 3.7 miles, 31:00, 8:22 pace, Fleet Feet Social run, 65F, sunny, calm, traffic stops, no pain. I ran with the leader, TJ. Very nice weather for a run! Everyone was talking around the Rochester Marathon ... I wish I was running it!

Fri: 4.1 miles, 31:51, 7:46 pace, Fleet Feet Happy Hour run, 62F, cloudy, calm, 1 tiny walk in Cobbs Hill, no pain. I ended up 50 yards behind the lead runner. A sweet run, perfect weather!

Rant: It seems to me that the people who most need to take the stairs up or down are the ones who seem to take the elevator the most! Meanwhile, people who most need to walk more seem to all hunt for a close parking spot at the grocery store. Life is full of exercise opportunities if you just look for them. /rant

Keeping active, Doug

1 comment:

  1. I've been buying Runner's World off and on for years and everytime I pick up a copy, I never feel warded off the sport. I'm trying to train for a triathlon and everytime I pick up a magazine relating to triathlons in general, I feel like I'm the laziest ass on the planet. I'm not going to not do one because of this but it doesn't really help motivate a beginner. I love Runner's World because it's all-inclusive, for any level, for any age.

    ReplyDelete