Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday, September 13th to Saturday, September 19th

Sunday, September 13th to Saturday, September 19th

I ran 2 times this week, 17.5 miles

Sun: 13.5 miles, 121:45, 9:01 pace, up to the Ontario Beach Park, 65F, cloudy, calm with a mild breeze, numerous walks, no pain.

My long runs start out with such promise. I was running 7:50, 7:39, 7:52, 7:58 ... then the bottom drops out with around 9:30 miles the rest of the way. I had two GUs midway. I did go out with just an energy bar ... was I just without fuel? Questions but not an answer.

Wed: 4 miles, 38:01, 9:30 pace, Dirt Cheap #6 in Ellison Park Wetlands, 62F, sunny, technical trail, a few walks, no pain.

Doing the dirt on my 52nd birthday ... smiling before the bee stings!

I celebrated my 52nd birthday with a fitting finale to the Dirt Cheap series! I got stung three times by the cloud of ground bees around mile 3! Ouch! It slowed me down for a bit while I made sure that I didn't have any more bees on me. But it's all good! I finished 77th out of 161, results here. I finished 5th out of 10 in my age group, results here.

The rest of the week: A road trip to Cleveland presented a pleasant break from running, link here.

Keeping active, Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment