Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Sunday, 6/25/2017 to Saturday, 7/1/2017

I ran 2 times this week: 11.3 miles.
I took 41,487 steps during 5 days (Tuesday to Saturday).

Sunday, 6/25/2017: Rest day.

My body ached whenever I moved ... so I didn't move much. I caught up on all the Many on the Genny (MOTG) posts and pictures from yesterday. Once I got moving, I didn't hurt as much ... but I didn't push it.

Monday, 6/26/2017: Rest day.

I took today off from work ... a wise decision. I accompanied Christine to her 1:40 PM doctor's appointment. We went to Keenan's Resturant across the street afterward. I had the Catalina Chicken Sandwich and Christine had the Keenan's Burger. We're sad that they are closing on June 30th. We had our wedding dinner there on November 30th, 2012. We drank a toast to pleasant memorie and many more. We wished our waitress, Sarah, and all their staff good luck finding new jobs.


Shh ... don't tell Christine! I bought another activity tracker ... a used Pebble 2 HR smart watch off of Ebay. It was an impulse buy last Friday afternoon. It was in the mail today.



Reviews are here, here, here, and here. Yes, the Pebble line was discontinued after its sale to Fitbit in December 2016, link here. But the reviews were favorable and I liked the way you can customize the Pebble. The app store will be there until the end of 2017. The box came with just the Pebble 2, its charging cord with no instructions (just like the Ebay link foretold). The face of the watch just had the words pebble.com/app. I was a bit perplexed. It doesn't link to my laptop at all but just uses the USB cable to charge itself. I managed to figure out that you load the Pebble app from pebble.com/app to your phone and then link the Pebble via Bluetooth to your phone. Then you can choose all kinds of apps.

Tuesday, 6/27/2017: Rest day - 5232 steps

My Pebble told me that my resting heart rate when I woke up was 41 bpm. Wow! Anyway .. I can move a bit better today. Putting on my left shoe hurt a bit as it went over my blister and walking is a bit painful. It's a good pain though ... lol (I think).

Oh ... the date for MOTG 2018 has been set .. June 23rd, 2018. Yes, the ultrasignup.com, link here, is live. Eight runners have already signed up! Hmm ... if I could only go out nice and easy.

Wednesday, 6/28/2017: Rest day - 7748 steps

I just wasn't feeling it after work ... I almost fell asleep right after supper. It's rare for me to take 4 days off from running ... but I guess I'm healing.

Thursday, 6/29/2017: 13731 steps during the day, 5.05 miles, 43:56, 8:42 pace, 75F, 78% RH, 6 mph SSW wind, mostly cloudy


I took my running gear to work so I wouldn't have any excuse to not run sometime today. I changed after work and went to my usual spot ... Greece Arcadia High School. The parking lot was empty since school is out for the summer. No matter ... I stretched, fired off my RoadID eCrumb and set forth. The first 1/2 mile was a bit painful ... both my ankles twinged at some point. I continued onward at a really nice and easy pace. The air was quite muggy. I decided to cut the run to just 5 miles. No need to push after 40.64 miles on last Saturday. My splits were: 8:32, 8:43, 8:45, 8:40 and 8:52. I toweled myself off as best I could and ran the A/C full blast on my way to Wegmans to get some weekend groceries. I put another tech shirt on before I went in ... no shoes, no shirt, no service you know!

My darling wife, Christine, had a pasta supper ready when I got home. Mmm ... she is a doll! We watched a couple of free movies off of Spectrum: "The Wolvervine" and an 1946 oldie "The Postman Always Rings Twice". We really shouldn't have watched the second one ... bedtime was a bit late.

Friday, 6/30/2017: Rest day - 3029 steps.

I had a bit of frustation when I got home. I got a couple of Redbox DVDs when I got home and promptly went upstairs to my Dell Latitude D610 to copy them. I keep Windows XP on this laptop because my DVD ripping software, RipIt4Me (along with DVDShrink and DVDDeCrypter), only runs on Windows XP. Well, the laptop wouldn't boot. It had just worked a couple of days earlier. I tried another power brick and then removed the battery but no joy. So ... what to do? Well ... make another laptop with Windows XP of course. Luckily, I have several old laptops just sitting around. I tried a Latitude E4310 and a couple of Latitude E6420s with no joy. The OS would start loading but with it tried to start Windows it would blue screen with an error message about a bad hard drive. So I tried a different hard drive, different RAM, a different Windows XP CD ... but no joy. Finally, I thought ... what if the Windows XP I was loading couldn't handle newer technology? So, I tried an older Latitude D630 and ... voila! It loaded Windows and soon I was looking at a Windows XP screen. You learn something every day.

Meanwhile we watched one of the Redbox DVDs ... Beauty and the Beast while I copied the other one, Miss Sloane. Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson as Belle was quite good.

Stat time:
I ran 15 times in the month of June for 110.2 miles, 7.34 miles/run.
I ran 4 races during the month of June (McMullen Mile: 6:36; Dirt Cheap #3: 3.46 miles, 10:54 pace; Medved 5K: 7:18 pace, Many on the Genny: 41.64 miles, 18:19 pace)
I have run 112 in 181 days for 815.6 miles so far in 2017, 7.28 miles/run

Looking ahead to July: I have signed up for 5 races: the Irondequoit 10K on 7/4, the Boilermaker 15K on 7/9, the Shoreline Half on 7/15, Dirt Cheap #4 on 7/19 and the Karknocker 5K on 7/28.

Saturday, 7/1/2017: 11757 steps during the day, 6.25 miles, 51:41, 8:16 pace, 70F, 88% RH, 4 mph SSW wind, light mist.


I knew I would feel like a slug if I didn't get out and enjoy the light mist that falling. But first I had to start the laundry. I had the towels in the dryer and the whites in the washer when I took a running break. It was just a light July mist so I set up a nice and easy pace. The drivers in the cars that I met probably thought I was crazy but I'm used to it. I didn't go too long since I'm still in recovery mode from last Saturday's MOTG. My splits were: 8:22, 8:06, 8:18, 8:29, 8:13, 8:20, and 7:32 over the last 0.25 mile. A total of 5 loads of laundry were done before 3 PM ... gotta get it done so it got done.

I learned that Shanknado 5: Global Swarming was going to be broadcast on the Syfy channel on August 6 ... so I dug into my stack of DVDs and pulled out Sharknado for our viewing pleasure. We just had to see how Fin, April and Nova started the whole franchise!

No comments:

Post a Comment