Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday, 2/20/11 to Saturday, 2/26/11

I ran 5 times this week, 27.1 miles.

Sun, 2/20/11: 3.1 miles, 23:15, 7:30 pace, 25F, sunny, calm, no stops, no pain.


CJ and I headed down to our home away from home, Mendon Ponds Park, for Polar Cat #4. The weather had calmed down ... it was sunny and calm. I wore my Yaks because the road was a bit slimy and wet in spots. I ran a bit hard over the rolling hills of Douglas Rd in a double out and back with no stops. I was 18th out of 55, results here. I was 3rd out of 8 in my age group, results here.


After a bit of recovery ... I watched the Daytona 500 with a whole lot of double car bump drafting at 190+ mph. CJ made some nice pea and ham soup, mmmm! Later, I watched the NBA All-Star Game. The West won 148-143 with Kobe winning his 4th MVP.

Mon, 2/21/11: Rest day.

CJ and I did the laundry. We found out that if you leave laundry detergent in a sub-freezing car that it will freeze ... who knew? Plus I did some shopping. I picked up a couple of tech buys ... a 8GB Sandisk flash drive and a roll of 100 Sony DVD-Rs from Staples. The Sandisk flash drive will replace a similar one that I managed to bend about 30 degrees at the connector ... before it snaps!

Tue, 2/22/11: 7.2 miles, 1:01:38, 8:35 pace, 10F, clear, calm, no stops, no pain.

Garmin Connect Activity for FF Cobbs Hill run, 4 Y's

Yes, it was cold ... but it was clear and calm. CJ and I headed down to Fleet Feet for the usual Cobbs Hill run. I went nice and easy and added another Y just for fun. CJ walked 2.5 miles.

Wed, 2/23/11: 6.4 miles, 49:49, 7:47 pace, 25F, clear, calm, no stops, no pain.

Garmin Connect Activity for Out to the Zoo plus 3 times around the pond

An absolutely perfect day ... a nice stretch before breakfast, 6F when I went to work. The sunny sky was a crystal blue all day, warming up to just above freezing, followed by an extra special stretch after work. Then I went out for a magically sweet run out to the Zoo plus 3 times around the pond. It was crystal clear, calm as a bell, so quiet, I concentrated on my form, stretching out my stride, pumping my arms, pushing to 95%, totally in the zen of the run, sweet!!

Thu, 2/14/11: Rest day ... truly needed.

CJ and I watched DVR'ed episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise and NCIS.

Fri, 2/25/11: 4.2 miles, 38:03, 9:03 pace, 26F, cloudy, calm, walked a bit, no pain.

Garmin Connect Activity for FF Backward Hapy Hour run

A winter storm came to Rochester during the morning and early afternoon, about 6 inches worth of wet snow. Driving was hazardous, I listened to the jazz of 105.9 to keep mellow while I was out and about during work. But by the evening it was all over and the main roads were all plowed. So CJ and I headed down to Fleet Feet for the usual end of the month Backward Happy Hour run. I started out slow up Monroe Ave. Once past Winton Rd the sidewalk was not plowed for a bit. I high stepped through it for a bit, then walked for a bit, then ran in the street for a bit until I saw the sidewalk plow coming down Monroe Ave, then I switched back to the sidewalk. The roads down Highland Ave and back to Fleet Feet were snow covered, my Yaks came in handy. CJ walked the entire 3.3 mile loop! Afterward, I joined the Fleet Feet Racing team and signed up for the Spring Forward 15K. I bought CJ a pair of Puma Complete Nightfox Trail Shoes in black, dark shadow, red and dandelion. Snazzy! She says they are very comfortable but just a bit loose in the right heel.

Sat, 2/26/11: 6.2 miles, 45:13, 7:18 pace, 25F, cloudy, light snow, no stops, no pain.





CJ and I headed out to Churchville for Freezeroo #6, a 10K out and back on a slushy road. I ran out fast and slowed just a bit before I sprinted for the finish. Everyone pretty much stayed in the middle in the road or a yard or so on either side, the sides were a bit slushy. I ran pretty well. I finished 46th out of 186, results here. I was 6th out of 25 in my age group, results here.


I was surprised to learn that I was 3rd in my age group overall in the series, results here. I won $10! Thank you, GRTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment