Friday, June 17, 2016

Sunday, 6/5/2016 to Saturday, 6/11/2016

I ran 3 times this week, 28.25 miles.

Sunday, 6/5/2016 to Monday, 6/6/2016: Rest days.

Usually Sunday is a run day and Monday would certainly be a run day if I hadn't run on Sunday. But I sensed that my darling wife, Christine, needed me to be around her. So I stayed around her. I cooked supper on Sunday and warmed up leftover Sunday supper on Monday. What you ask? Ribs!! And they were quite good!! Christine gave me instructions from the couch and I followed them. Cooking two racks of ribs was not hard at all and took about 90 minutes. I do think she gave me easy instructions though. I even made couscous (which has the same instructions as Stove-Top stuffing). Tasty!

Tuesday, 6/7/2015: 8.05 miles, 1:11:22, 8:52 pace, 66F, 52% RH, 12 mph WNW wind, partly cloudy


I needed to run but where? I got my running gear ready before work and told Christine that "Yes, I was running after work". She asked "Where?". I answered "Cobbs". I decided that I needed hills since I was a bit gassed after running the gentle rollers out in Webster during the Webster Trail Classic last Saturday. So after work I parked at Fleet Feet Armory, geared up with a 20 ounce water bottle and ran up to Cobbs Hill. I did 4 grassy Vs, 4 loops of the reserviour and took the long way back to the Equinox. Boom .. hills, 908 feet worth. My splits were: 9:45, 9:53, 9:53 (on the grassy Vs), 8:30, 8:18, 7:58 (on the loops), 8:13, 8:36 and 8:24 over the last last 0.05 mile.

Christine made flounder, zucchini along with tomatoes for supper along with cinnamon rolls for dessert. I still lost 1.2 pounds overnight. I'm right at my goal weight of 165 pounds. I could use more upper body anc core muscle ... but I can type that and think that but I seem to have no willpower to do the work necessary to get more upper body and core muscle. There's tomorrow I guess ...

Wednesday, 6/8/2016: Rest day ... moving on!

Thursday, 6/9/2016: 10.15 miles, 1:24:08, 8:17 pace, 66F. 35% RH, 13 mph WNW wind, partly cloudy


I listened to the wind and tried to let it talk me out of going out for my usual Thursday run. I was getting cranky so I forced myself to get dressed and get out there. I decided to try out a new route by going east instead of west. The O'Rorke Bridge was going up when I got to it so I stayed on the west side of the Genesee River onto the boardwalk of the Genesee River Trail. There was a small tree across the road when I went up Boxart St to Lake Ave.

Friday, 6/10/2016: Rest day.

Yes, there were 2 races that I wish, I wish I could have been part of ... the McMullen Mile or the Mendon Mauler. But I have realized that I can not afford to run races every weekend ... as much as I want to. Yes, I looked at some of the pictures that soon flooded my Facebook feed ... not all of them though.

Saturday, 6/11/2016: 10.05 miles, 1:29:22, 8:54 pace, 75F, 74% RH, 10 mph W wind, partly cloudy.


A thunderstorm went through around 6 AM before I woke up. Then I dilly-dallied way too long before I got out. It had warmed up and got way more humid. I brought my 20 ounce water bottle and remembered to put on sunscreen before I headed out. I headed east again. Maybe I would have done better if I had stayed with the tried and true routes to the west, I don't know. I did enjoy going out onto the Genesee River pier. But I do know that I ran out of gas around 6 miles. I was totally out of energy and just plain thirsty. I almost turned back when I came back onto Lake Shore Blvd but continued on to Durand Beach so I could dip my toes in Lake Ontario. I lapsed into a necessary run/walk on the way back. It was hot and humid for sure!

I took a shower as soon as I got home ... and I was dripping as soon as I got out. I followed Facebook and learned of the running exploits of runners who ran the Ontario Summit Trail Race (half and full) or the ALS 12 Hour Trail Race and Relay. Again I wished I could have done any of these four races in the past two days ... but I have to realize that I can't run every race.

No comments:

Post a Comment