Saturday, November 15, 2014

Monday, 11/10/2014 to Saturday, 11/15/2014

I ran 2 times in 6 days, 20.3 miles

Monday, 11/10/2014: A needed rest day

Tuesday, 11/11/2014: Another rest day.

I really should have gone out since the high was 65F during the day and a "polar vortex" was going to descend the next day.

Wednesday, 11/12/2014: 9.3 miles, 1:14:11, 7:59 pace, 37F, 52% RH, 9 mph W wind, partly cloudy.

Garmin Connect Activity for A "Back in the Saddle" 15K

Yes, it was a lot colder. Yes, the wind was blowing. Yes, it was dark. But ... I am not a wuss so I went out running like I planned. I ate my usual pre-run cereal, geared up and got out there. I wore tights, a long sleeve tech, a short sleeve tech, Brooks beanie and heavy gloves. I wore my reflective belt and headlamp. I also brought a 20oz hand bottle for hydrating when I stopped. I struck up a nice and easy pace and held it no matter what aches my body presented to me ... and my body did try to get me to take the turn to do only 10K. But I continued onward for a full 15K of running goodness. Yes ... I ached a bit afterward but it was a good ache.

Thursday, 11/13/2014: Rest day.

The Buffalo Bills played the Miami Dolphins in prime time on the NFL Network so I followed them on nfl.com and my oldest son, Michael, was FBing me during the game. The Bills were up 9-3 going into the third quarter but ending up losing 9-22, link here. Yes, the Bill QB, Orton, missfired and had a bad game. But I did hear that the refs cost the Bills 9 points on a 40 yard "pass interference" play on a 3rd and 10 which ultimately gave Miami a TD and an intentional grounding flag in the endzone where Watkins went right and Orton flew left which have Miami a safety. So the Bills are pretty much irrelevant with a 5-5 record and all 5 losses in their division.

Friday, 11/14/2014: Another rest day.

Saturday, 11/15/2014: 11 miles, 1:28:15, 8:01 pace, 36F, 52% RH, 12 W wind, sunny

Garmin Connect Activity for A nice and easy clockwise bridges run

I usually am not a "jump out of bed and run" type of guy on a non-race Saturday morning. Plus I signed up for the Zero Degree WTF Trail run (15 mile version) on 12/13, the Freezeroo series (six road races between 12/6/14 and 2/28/15) and the Ontario Summit Trail Races (full trail marathon) on 5/30 (125 out of 150 slots are filled between the half and full).

So ... I got out just before 10AM. It was sunny and in the mid 30s so I wore tights, a long sleeve tech, a short sleeve tech, Brooks beanie and heavy gloves. I struck up a nice and easy pace and did a clockwise bridges run. That means that I ran down E Ridge, crossed the 104 bridge, went south on Lake Ave, went through the Turning Point Park, crossed the O'Rorke bridge, went up Thomas Ave, south on St Paul to Cooper to Seneca and home. I found that I run faster in that direction than counter-clockwise for some reason. It was a nice sunny morning and I enjoyed the run. Nice!

My honey had broken a nail so she went out to New Nails to get it repaired and then onward to MassageEnvy for a 90 minute massage. I did a bit of housework before I met her at Famous Dave's to use a Groupon that I had bought yesterday.



Mmm ... I had the 1/2 slab of ribs and Christine had the beef brisket! Did I say Mmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment