Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sunday, May 9th to Saturday, May 15th

I ran 2 times this week, 13 miles.

Sun & Mon: Rest days.

Tue: 6.8 miles, 54:03, 7:57 pace, Fleet Feet Cobbs Hill run, 48F, cloudy, calm, no stops, no pain.

Garmin Connect Activity for Fleet Feet Cobbs Hill run, 3 Ys and Highland back

Just your average Cobbs Hill run tonight. I ran easy to a bit hard, concentrated on my form as much as I could. Sweet!

Wed & Thu: Rest days. I could have run on Thu but decided against it since I was running a 10K on Fri.

The NBA playoffs are going somewhat true to form. The Lakers and the Suns are waiting to play in the West Conference finals. The Celtics just bounced King James and the one-dimensional Cavaliers out of the East semis and now face the 8-0 Magic in the East Conference finals. Should be interesting.

Fri: 6.2 miles, 46:22, 7:29 pace, Williamson Apple Blossom 10K, 62F, sunny, a bit windy, no stops, no pain.

CJ and I headed out to Williamson. I ran the 10K, CJ walked/ran the 5K. I did the first 5K in 22:34, the second 5K in 23:48. Basically, I ran behind the same guy the whole race. He pulled a bit away at the end. I finished 18th overall, results here and did not place in my age group ... tough crowd.

CJ walked/ran the 5K in 59:02, results here. She is out there doing it! She ran across the finish line ... someone else finished last this time!

The start

During the race

The after race exhaustion with bling!

Sat: A well deserved rest day after racing on Fri night. CJ and I went grocery shopping in the morning. Some of the people pushing those grocery carts make Nascar drivers look tame! Now I remember why I like shopping later in the evening. Later, I found that my Sharp DVD/VCR player won't play DVDs ... it just ejects them without even trying to play them.

1 comment: