Friday, September 23, 2016

Sunday, 9/11/2016 to Saturday, 9/17/2016

I ran 2 times this week, 18.2 miles.

Sunday, 9/11/2016 and Monday, 9/12/2016: Rest days.

Yes ... I gained weight. I lose weight after I run long and gain it back on my rest days. I stay around 167. I think I will start tracking this. So I guess I run so I can eat. I am trying to stay away from alcohol but that will always be a work in progress.

Tuesday, 9/13/2016: 10.1 miles, 1:24:15, 8:20 pace, 81F, 45% RH, 10 mph W wind, mostly cloudy.


I did my last Bridges run before the Rochester Marathon on Sunday. Just a 10.1 mile run at a bit faster than marathon pace. 8:20 to 8:30 is my normal running pace for this distance. My splits were: 8:28, 8:05, 8:14, 8:21, 8:42, 8:34, 8:18, 8:02, 8:30, 8:10 and 7:56 over the last 0.1 mile. I took swigs from my 20 ounce hand bottle every 2 miles. I hope to hold it for 2.5 times this distance on Sunday. Here's hoping!

Wednesday, 9/14/2016, and Thursday, 9/15/2016: Rest days.

I had an eye doctor appointment on Friday so I had scheduled a rare day off. Well I got a phone call from them telling that my United Healthcare insurance doesn't work for them. I could have sworn that they were So I cancelled my appointment, looked at the UH client providers, selected one and set up an appointment for Christine and I. But I didn't cancel my day off!

My boss at Ricoh brought in a birthday day on Thursday since I was taking Friday off. That was very nice of her.

A delicious birthday cake from my boss at Ricoh
I saw a Facebook post about a pair of free Irondequoit Oktoberfest tickets from a woman in Gold Rush Runners. I answered first so I got them. She gets them every year because her property abuts Camp Eastman.

When I got home I found a box from HammerGel Nutrition. I had ordered a 26 ounce bottle of HammerGel in the Apple Cinnamon flavor, link here. I must say that they over delivered with a free 20 ounce HammerGel water bottle and several free samples of Heed, Recoverite and Perpetuem. Sweet!

Friday, 9/16/2016: 8.1 miles, 1:07:07, 8:17 pace, 75F, 47% RH, 4 mph N wind, sunny


I took today off so I slept in. I didn't get out for my last run before the Rochester Full until almost 1 PM. This made it a bit warm so I carried my 20 ounce hand bottle. I thought about doing 9 but settled for a 8 mile out and back. I tried to go really nice and easy but I did it a bit faster because of a wardrobe malfunction. I chose a pair of old red Brooks shorts that didn't have a drawstring. Well ... they must have stretched out in the wash because I had hike them up every tenth of a mile or less to keep them from falling off my bony ass. Well ... that probably made me run faster so I could back earlier. My splits were: 8:03, 8:09, 8:14, 8:21, 8:18, 8:22, 8:25, 8:26 and 8:17 over the last 0.1 mile.

Christine and I went to the Irondequoit Oktoberfest tonight instead of Saturday night. Rule: never eat anything weird the night before a big race. We didn't stay very long .. just a hour or so. We had the bratwurst dinner along with a HB beer. The O'Rorke Bridge was up both on the way to and the way back.

This picture doesn't do the full moon justice
Saturday, 9/17/2016: Rest day.

Tomorrow was the day before the Rochester Marathon. I headed down to Fleet Feet Armory on Culver Rd late in the morning to pick up my race bib and heather red 2016 Rochester Marathon tech shirt. I tried on a sweet pair of Brooks Transcend 3 running shoes. They felt pretty good. My current set of Brooks Adrenaline GTS15 running shoes have about 450 miles on them so I will need a new pairs of running shoes soon. But I was not happy with the retail price of $170 for the Transcend 3 versus the more normal retail price of $120 for the Adrenaline GTS16.

My darling wife, Christine, and I have been watching episodes of Downton Abbey have off the DVR. We watched more of them before we went to bed. I had laid out my running clothes for the next morning and filled up both my HammerGel flask and Gu flask with HammerGel. Then it was time for bed at 11 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment