Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunday, 12/9/12 to Saturday, 12/15/12

I ran once this week, 3.5 miles.

Sunday, 12/9/12: Another rest day.

Christine and I cocooned all day. I was up early around 9AM. I let Christine sleep until noon-ish before waking her up with coffee. We were creatures of habit.

We watched the Buffalo Bills lose yet another close game full of inexplicable play calling and another game ending interception by Fitzpatrick though that his arm was hit as he released it. The final carnage was 12-15, link here. Not trying to kick a 52 yard field gold with wind when your team was nursing a 12-7 lead way early in the 4th quarter so you can play field position? Not giving your stud running back, CJ Spiller, the ball not more than 7 times out of 58 plays when he is leading the league in yards per carry?? The coach, Chan Gailey, was playing to lose not playing to win like usual. Almost everyone in western NY is crying for his head.

Monday, 12/10/12: Another rest day.

I am getting antsy to get out there for a run. I am within spitting distance of 1148 miles for the year which is the most I have ever run (back in 2009). But ... I had to do our laundry. Some blockhead left their laundry in the dryer downstairs so I headed out to our local laundromat and did it there. I only lost one Zensah compression sleeve ... which is not too good. Hopefully it will turn up ... yeah, right.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 12/11/12 - 12/14/12: Rest days.

I will run again someday ... real soon now. I can walk pretty soon with a slight nagging discomfort in my right achilles. But I still can't do a full eccentric calf drop on my right Achilles ... something I could do last month. I haven't been to physical therapy for 2 weeks. I got discouraged and just stopped going. Some days were good, some days were a bit worse.

Christine had her bi-weekly nail appointment at New Nails on Thursday. The color she choose was Red Pearl color from China Glaze ... nice!

Friday was a bit of downer day after I learned about the murder of 20 elementary children and 7 adults in Newton, CT. Why couldn't the shooter just kill himself? Forget the murder/suicide and just do the suicide!Why kill his mother ... and then why head to the Sandy Hook Elementary School? How can mentally deranged people get access to weapons? May the fallen find peace!

Saturday, 12/15/12: 3.5 miles, 28:41, 8:12 pace, 40F, cloudy, calm, no stops,

Christine and I are still on our honeymoon ... so of course we spent the morning just lazing around and such ... sweet!! While we were honeymooning ... 1280 runners were out and about at the first Reindeer 5K run, results here.

Christine had a 2PM massage appointment at MassageEnvy so while she was gone I headed out for a much needed run.

Garmin Connect Activity for Around the block in Irondequoit

I set out nice and easy on my first run in 18 days. I didn't know what to expect but just headed out in hope of the best. I limped just a wee lit at first but soon I found the endorphins that I had so long has been seeking.

Christine came home and after a quick shower we headed out to Newark to see my daughter. We learned more details of her trip to NYC to see another 2 concerts of Darren Criss. She was within 10 feet in not one, but two small and intimate concerts. She didn't get much sleep during her weekend down there ... oh, youth! Then we headed out to the Wayne County Nursing Home to see my father. We told him we had gotten married. He seemed more antimated than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment