Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sunday, 10/27/2013 to Friday, 11/1/2013

I ran 3 times in 6 days, 18.0 miles.
I ran 23 times during the month of October (6 were warmups or cooldowns), 101.2 miles, 4.4 miles/run
I have run 191 times in 304 days so far in 2013, 1086.7 miles, 5.7 miles/run

Sunday, 10/27/2013: Rest day.

I decided not to run in the morning. My left hamstring was a bit twitchy during yesterday's Pumpkins in the Park 5K. Christine wanted me to stay home but I set forth to head out to Wayne county. First, I saw my daughter, Karen, in Newark. I hung about 8 pictures for her in her apartment. She paid me with cookies ... which were yummy! Then it was on the Wayne County Nursing Home to see my father. Next, I went the Finger Lakes Racino to see my youngest son, David. He took a five minute break from work to see me. Then I left a voicemail with my oldest son, Michael. I stopped by Rochester General Hospital on the way back to drop off some clothes to my ex's mother who just had a pacemaker put in. My ex didn't want her coming back to the Terrace at Newark in just a flimsy nightgown. It was no trouble since RGH was on my way back.

Soon enough, I was back home. My darling Christine was happy to see me.

Monday, 10/28/2013: Rest day ... along with doing 4 loads of laundry.

I received an email that the Mendon Ponds Run on Saturday are sold out. That means that 300 runners will out there between the 5K, 10K, 20K and 50K. So ... us 50Kers will have the trails all to ourselves at 8AM for 90 minutes and then will be joined by lots of other runners of varying speeds and abilities for a while.

Tuesday, 10/29/2013: 2 runs of 6.2 and 5.2 miles, 43F, 54% RH, dusk and night, calm.

I had to get out but more laundry needed to get done. What to do? Combine the two, of course. I put in one load into the washer and then had the usual pre-run bowl of cereal. I transferred the first load to the dryer and put in the second load into the washer. I knew I had 50 minutes before the dryer was done so I ran 10K on my usual route at a nice and easy 8:22 pace, nothing difficult.

Garmin Connect Activity for Usual 10K around the streets of Irondequoit

When I got back I took out the first load from the dryer and put the second load into the dryer. I knew I had another 50 minutes so I went for a really nice and easy 5.2 miles at 8:51 pace, very relaxed but a very boring route.

Garmin Connect Activity for 5.2 ladder miles around the streets of Irondequoit

My darling Christine was kind enough to fold the first load of laundry while I was out on the second run. She was also making some leftover chicken along with some zucchini for supper ... kind of yummy! Only kind of because it was kind of cold when I calmed down enough after the second run to eat it.

Wednesday, 10/30/2013: Rest day.

My darling Christine made some pasta so I ate a bowl, took a nap and then ate another bowl. Carbo-loading for Saturday's Mendon Ponds Trail Run, baby!

Thursday, 10/31/2013: 6.6 miles, 54:31, 8:15 pace, 66F, dusk to night, light mist and wind at the end.

Garmin Connect Activity for 6.6 miles on Halloween

I needed about 5 miles to go over 100 miles for the month of October so .... what to do? Since it was 66F I decided to go for a run. I set out around 5:40PM while it was still light. There weren't too many Halloweeners out during the early parts of my run. But as soon as it got dark .... boom! There were Halloweeners everywhere as I was coming down Seneca Ave. Plus the wind came up and a light mist started to fal ... sweet! I stopped and took a picture of a house on Collinwood Ave that always is decked out to the nines on Halloweeen.

Friday, 11/1/2013: Rest day.

I went to Park Ave Bike in Henrietta and bought a bottle of orange Hammer Gel and a 5 ounce gel bottle. I used most of the $25 gift card that I won at the Heather Boyum 5K. I unloaded my gear bag and looked through it so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow morning ... good thing. I loaded up my 5 ounce gel bottle and another 10 bottle water bottle. All ready. I tried to go to bed early ... didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment