Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sunday, 3/13/2016 to Saturday, 3/19/2016

I ran 4 times this week, 37.1 miles.

Sunday, 3/13/2016: 2 runs of 9.35 and 6.25 miles, 45F, 57%, 10 mph ENE wind, wind chill 39F, mostly cloudy.

Garmin Connect Activity for A quick 15K

Daylight Savings Time happened overnight so I lost an hour of sleep. I had a plan of doing a long run and then another run out at North Ponds Park in Webster for another Mind the Ducks (MTD) preview on tired legs. First ... the long run. I got out around noon and pushed the pace on my usual 15K route. It was a bit cold and breezy. My splits were: 7:44, 7:27, 7:32, 7:34, 7:57, 7:46, 7:43, 7:58, 7:52 and 7:31 over the last 0.5 mile. Definitely not a nice and easy pace. It felt good.

Garmin Connect Activity for Another MTD preview

I relaxed a bit before I asked my darling wife, Christine, if you wanted to do another Mind the Ducks preview. It was about 3:15 or 3:30 PM. She begged off saying that it was too late and that exercise would keep her awake. I was a bit miffed. I am trying to awaken her inner athlete  .... but she is fighting me. Whatever. I geared up and headed out. I knew my legs were tired so I just ran around the MTD course at a really nice and easy pace. I decided to stop after 10K. My splits were: 9:21, 9:00, 9:06, 8:58, 8:53, 8:46 and 8:48 over the last 0.25 mile. I was tired and hungry so I picked up some food from KFC on the way home ... supper done. Sunday's mileage, 15.6 miles ... done.

Monday, 3/14/2016: Rest day ... very needed after 23.2 miles during the weekend.

Tuesday, 3/15/2016: 7 miles, 57:56, 8:16 pace, 48F, 93% RH, 6 mph NW wind, wind chill 46F, light mist

Garmin Connect Activity for Cobbs Hill run

I brought my running gear to work in the Equinox so I could run right after work. I went to Cobbs Hill for a small slice of hills. There was a light mist but I just concentrated on running. Soon there were a lot of runners as Fleet Feet and Genesee Valley Harrier (GVH) runners joined in at 6 PM. My splits were:  8:59, 8:30, 8:14, 8:04, 8:08, 8:07 and 7:54. Boom ... done.

I followed a guy, Ben Murphy, via Facebook posts from his friends during the day. He started at 4 AM and did a fat ass 100K during the day. FYI ... a fat ass is a seat of the pants, unsupported, unsanctioned, usually gnarly race or run. He did 66.26 miles in 20 hours and 43 minutes on the Crescent and Seneca trails. Respect!

Wednesday, 3/16/2016 through Friday, 3/18/2016: Rest days ... uugghh!

Thursday should have been a run day. I had my running gear in the Equinox but ... I let getting out of work late and Christine having supper cooking give me an excuse. But there will be other days to run.

A guy named Ben Murphy did a Fat Ass 100K on Saint Patrick's Day, his blog link here. Oh ... Fat Ass means an unsanctioned run with no reward except the satisfaction of doing it. I followed Ron Heerkens Jr posts on Facebook. Ben started around 4 AM and finished 20:43 later after midnight for a double transverse of the Crescent and Seneca trails.

Saturday, 3/19/2016: 14.5 miles, 2:07:51, 8:49 pace, 28F, 50% RH, 9 mph NNE wind, wind chill 20F, sunny


I had it in my mind to run Round the Bay again ... this time up Culver Rd instead up 590 from the swing bridge. So I set my alarm for 5:45 AM so I could start at 7 AMish. Well ... I got up, turned off my alarm, laid back down and fell back asleep. I got up around 7 AM ... puttered around a bit, ate my usual pre-run bowl of cereal and banana, got ready, thought "Runs don't get down by themselves" and got out and down to the swing bridge at 9 AM. It was a bright, cold and brisk morning. I had on my usual running gear for 32F (OK, 28F): Brooks tights, short sleeve tech, Brooks 1/4 zip long sleeve pullover, Brooks beanie and heavy running gloves. I kept on my Brooks jacket since it was windy. I put on my sunglasses, carried a 20 ounce hand bottle and had 2 HammerGels tucked in an Amphipod. I headed out at a nice and easy pace ... solo just me and my thoughts. I ditched the jacket at just before mile 5 and tied around my neck. I looked at bit preppy but I don't like to take a jacket around my hips but it always tends to slip down. I stopped for a bit of water just heading down the Empire Blvd hill and then once I climbed back up it. Bay Rd was a bit busy as was Lake Rd as I got closer to where I had left the Cruze a bit over 2 hours ago. Boom ... done! My splits were: 8:52, 8:33, 8:28, 8:27, 10:00, 8:39, 9:40, 8:13, 9:30, 9:13, 8:35, 8:20, 8:41, 8:21 and 8:38 over the last 0.5 mile. The Round the Bay run is a good long run route with a good set of hills on the west side of the Irondequoit Bay. One of these day I will take this clockwise instead of counterclockwise.

I went back home and had my usual coffee and bagel. I asked my darling wife, Christine, to cut my hair. I like my hair short now and she had been asking to try to cut my hair again off and on. She did it once before ... I had to go to a barber for a "touch up" (repair cut). She got everything ready and proceeded to cut my hair. I took a shower afterward and found some uneven ends as I was combing what was left of my hair. She cut some more and voila! Everything was the same length ... about 3/8 of an inch all around. I did do a wee bit more with my electric razor around my ears. It looks good and I don't feel the need to go to the barber for a "touch up". So ... the second time was the charm! I thanked her like a good husband should. A bit later, we went out to New Nails to get her nails touched up. Not a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment